Wednesday, August 13, 2008

DAY 30 - Llamas at the Fair






Llama judging was in progress when we stopped by their barn at the fair on Sunday. Instead of just viewing these gorgeous animals in their stalls, we could get right up close and personal with them in the barn's aisles as they were waiting with their handlers to go into the show ring.





Here's a good shot of how their coats are shaved in the center of their body. . .






These two little guys were in a stall avidly watching everything going on around them. They were still quite small, but look at those faces!





4 comments:

Kat Simpson said...

They are cute, Danni. We have farms around here with them and my DIL's parents raised these and Emus for a while. Jamey (DIL) tells me they are dirty, nasty, mean animals!

Z-ville said...

Hey Kat, I'm Fran, not Danni. These llamas were as well behaved as could be. I've seen the Houston SPCA round emus up on Animal Planet, and they're not pleasant to deal with.

Kat Simpson said...

Hi Fran, I'm Kat and I'm a nut :( I'm so very sorry. My DIL loves the OIL from the emus - uses it and highly recommends it for everything :) But she and her folks said they NEVER want to deal with emus again, LOL

Iris said...

Oh Fran, the little llamas made me smile - they're adorable and have SUCH sweet faces. Love all your fair photos.